What to Do If You’re Hurt in a Car Accident
You’re driving in your car or truck, almost at your destination, observing the posted speed limit and generally minding your own business. Suddenly, another car careens through a Stop sign and plows into your vehicle, causing serious damage to your car and injuring you in the process. Now what should you do? Here is a quick checklist of 10 rules to follow after an accident:
1. Remain calm so you can think clearly
2. Check everyone, including yourself, for injuries
3. Call 911
4. Determine if you are in danger of a secondary collision from oncoming traffic
5. Do not leave the scene of the accident
6. Do not make any admissions of fault
7. Try to obtain all pertinent information from the other driver and any witnesses
8. Photograph and document the accident
9. Notify your insurance company
10. If appropriate, contact a Personal Injury attorney about your accident
Remember…injuries which are not apparent immediately after an accident often appear later that day or the next, causing you considerable discomfort and pain.
Don’t take chances with your health and well-being! As soon as possible, get to the TBC Accident Care for a complete examination of your accident injuries. With over 35 years of treating patients, TBC Accident Care is the most experienced medical facility in Oklahoma, with physicians, chiropractors, and medical professionals offering expert diagnosis, treatment and therapy for auto and personal injuries.
The possibility that you will be involved in a car accident at some point in your life – either as the driver, passenger, or pedestrian – is very likely. Don’t leave anything to chance; TBC Accident Care will make sure you get the medical help you need.
Posted on Thu, September 11, 2014
by Robyn Healy filed under